Monday, February 05, 2007

Australia means to me...

There was a competition run by the age a little while ago, for school students interested in english. It required the students to write a piece of exactly fifty words explaining why they lvoe living in Australia. We were given forms, with fifty boxes to put the words in, and then we sent them to the Age, via post, or whatever. This is the fifty word masterpiece that I wrote: (I actrually seriously wrote this, word for word, and sent it into the Age!)

Australia means to me: a tree, a bee, a fly and a flea. It's a cup of tea, some iced coffee, and a government fee. In this hypocracy of psychology, in a desparate plea of insanity, here is my philosophy, that's what australia means to me. Wee. Woopee. Wee. Woopee.

Tell me what you think about it, because, believe it or not, I didn't win the competition. How sad. Now, if you want to complain to the Age about not letting this fine fifty word piece win, you can contact them at:

2 comments:

B.C. said...

the adddress is one of the funniest things i've ever read. as well as the wee woopee i like that. it's a great way to end stuff you don't know how to end. fill in nonsense.

Anonymous said...

I like it because you mentioned ice coffee :) haha the age is stupid.