Monday, March 26, 2007

Air

Much like the post on Ben Chong's blog, I am writing, here, about my element, which is not fire, but air.
Air is the element which is free moving, constantly changing direction, and bringing in new and fresh wind. Like any element, I can get angry, witha thunder storm, but it takes a lot for this to happen, and even then, my anger is mostly expressed in the form of loud noises and scarry looks. Never, or mostly never, any physical or direct hurting.
I think I am like air in that I can always give a new perpective on things, can bring new ideas accross from a long way away, and can always quickly fit into a vacuum, making that space better, no matter what the shape of the space was. There is also not much that can hold back air, hence, not much can hold me back from doing what I feel like, or want to do. I don't know if this is being to metaphorical to understand, but if I was mroe specific, it could not be interpreted in the same amount of ways.
Unfortunately, with air comes some down sides. I quickly brush by the earth, never really seeing the things that might matter more than the bigger picture, which I see from being so high up. I am always focussed on the larger goal rather than the smaller steps, etc. This could also be a positive about air, but I'm not sure. I also find myself flying ahead to do something, without really thinking it over first. Not much can hold back air. Also, sometimes I'm only thinking about myself, and where I need to go to make the air pressure zones equal, rather than thinking about what houses, trees and people I'm knocking over on the way. These aspects, I think, summ me up quite well, and I'm sure there's more about air that relates to me, I just don't want this blog to become too long and boring.
So, I am air. Air beats Earth, Earth beats Water, Water beats Fire, Fire beats Air. Crap. Fire's after me. Run. Now.

6 comments:

some girl said...

All these elements are from Captain Planet... does that mean there's a heart element?

I think air describes you very well from what I know.
Ahh, beach mission.

Jono said...

No heart. They are NOT Captain Planet elements, they are the STANDARD four elements. They are used in many, many shows, movies, books, and were thought to be the only four elements of the universe by philosophers or scientists from some culture way back when. Captain Planet did NOT invent these elements. They ahve always been there.
Sorry for my harsh tone. But there is no heart.
I have nothing against Captain Planet.
Jono

B.C. said...

FIRE HAS ARRIVED! SUNBURN ATTACK! ROARRRRRR! And air does fit well. We should write a story about this one day.

some girl said...

Haha, I didn't mean from Captain Planet, but... from Captain Planet... that makes no sense.

He stole them! There. Or he didn't steal them... the creators of the show thought is was good to use... made it easier to portray the narrative goals... I think it's too early to think. Wow, I just proved myself wrong, I'm really gonna shut up now.

Good blog.
The End.

Jono said...

Yeah Ben, shoulkd write a story, but we need to finish Super Squad first. Nownownownownownow.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.