Monday, May 21, 2007

25 things I love doing

Here are 25 things I like to do lots. Not much more explaining is requied, except that when I say I like to do them lots, I mean it. I LOVE these things, and would spend my life doing them, if I could.

1- Drawing.
2- Writing blogs, when I get the motivation.
3- Writing letters.
4- Writing stories.
5- Writing Warm Fuzzies. (If you would like to try your hand at this one, go to http://fuzzypad.blogspot.com)
6- Spending time with people, one-on-one. (This is probably one of the very favourites)
7- Spending time with people, not one-on-one, but with not too many other people. E.g. about six, or less. (Yes, this one is very different from #6)
8- Phone Calls.
9- Getting a good SMS after a long day at school, and realising it was there since, like, eight in the morning.
10- Meditating.
11- Praying.
12- Lying on my back on grass.
13- Laying in bed while it's raining.
14- Being inside while it's raining.
15- Being outside while it's raining.
16- Night time in winter, with the open fire going.
17- Being able to go to bed early, and not doing it.
18- Being able to go to bed early, and doing it.
19- Doing maths/ physics/ english/ Indonesian/ chemistry/ biology/ viscom/ art/ psychology/ literature/ P.E./ media work, when I'm not forced to.
20- Learning.
21- Teaching.
22- Reading. When I'm not forced to.
23- Playing sport. (Namely badminton*, ultimate frisbee*, aerobics*, squash, athletics European handball, running, volleyball, tennis.) (* Very especially these ones)
24- Laughing.
25- Loving.

I wish I could do these things forever. But the reality is, I can't. I should really have had a 26th one: "Thinking about the 25 things I love doing most." But I can't go over the limit. It just wouldn't be a list of 25 with a 26th thing.

3 comments:

B.C. said...

Why can't you do these things forever? Of course you can. Just not consistently.

As I said. "Not mucyh rmoe explaining is requied" - shame.

Also:
12- Lying on my back on grass.
13- Laying in bed while it's raining.

Curious how one had lying and the other had laying. I might just be an English nerd. ha. Our love is like an unspoken metaphor...which is why I had to use a simile.

I like all of those things. But I don't like or have a max on people to interact with. When people do that, and I come in after that and it becomes quite exclusive of latecomers... I don't like. You may know what I'm alluding to.

Jono said...

Ok, will fix up that first mistake soon. The second one. Is it a mistake? It sounds right.

i lvoe oyur enligh nerdity"

Spot the mistakes.

About the max people thing. I do know what you are alluding to, yes, but you must understand that I am the sort of person that much rather enjoys time spent with less people. Maybe you won't understand this. I still like spending time with lots of people, but not enough to say it is one of my 25 favourite things to do. Spending time with friends, for me, is hard to do when I am spending time with too many friends.

I had more to say, but forgot. Maybe comment again, soon. Watch this space.

Ah, yes, another thing. The whole max people thing. Very ambiguous number. I didn't mean to be absolute. Basically, for me, the less people I interact with at a time, the more I enjoy it. With the exception of approx <4. Then they are all about the same in goodness. One-on-one is something different entirely, as alluded to in the actual post.

some girl said...

I love doing things too!
Some of those things are on your list. Some are not.
Ones that would be on there are:
Drawing.
Writing blogs.
Writing stories.
Paying.
Laying in bed while it's raining.
Being inside or outside when it's raining.
Rain in general.
Reading.
Badminton.
Laughing.
Loving.

Not sure if all of those would be in my top 25, but I think they would. Top 50 at least.

This post of things you love doing reminds me of a blog/experiment and need to remind myself to write/conduct.
Except it's different.
Differenter.
Differentest.