Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Conumdrum

Today, while I was contemplating how much better my lunch time at school would be if it were with a hotdog, and then this thought occured to me: A thought that I couldn't get my mind around. Now, I must post this thought, so that I can get it off my mind.

If you had a raw hotdog and a raw sausage. And you boiled the hotdog and barbecued the sausage, life would be normal, right? That's how life has existed until now.
BUT, what if you boiled the SAUSAGE and cooked the HOTDOG on the barbecue? Would the world implode? Probably. But assuming that it didn't implode, what would be the outcome?

Would the hotdog be just like a sausage in bread, and would the sausage that had been boiled taste like a hotdog should? Or would the hotdog still taste like a normal hotdog, and the sausage just taste like a wet sausage? And am I confusing myself? Answer to last question: No.

Maybe I shall investigate this. But it also beggs the question: Are raw hotdogs the same as raw sausages, but without the same skin? Hmmm.
I don't know I don't know I don't know.

Also, what is better, a hotdog or a sausage? Some feedback on this question, also, could be useful. Not that it makes a diference to anything said above. Or anything else in life, for that matter.

End of post.

5 comments:

some girl said...

Dilemmas and conundrums, what is going on?

I say it be slightly different, but not muchly. Though I really don't know. I think Sausages and hot dogs can be batter than each other depending on the situation/setting/mood of eater/how good the cook is.

I do like hotdogs though.

B.C. said...

This very thing has been attempted before. Only once. It was how the miraculous conception of Jesus came about...

I may or may not be lying.

But to me, I call them both sausages. The hot dog is the bun with the sausage in it. I think they are both just sausages until cooked. I realise many people see it differently, but this is how I see it.

Generally, I like hotdogs more than sausages. Just because I get sick of bbqs.

Over analysis into not that important question? NO WAY!

Jono said...

The question is not non-important. I think there is some difference between the raw sausage and the raw hotdog, but. Remember, a hotdog is a frankfurt, and a sausage is a sausage. Maybe I should have used the word "frankfurt" instead of hotdog? Hmm. I like hotdogs better, most of the time, yes. I think.

Anonymous said...

I'm here again! I come for the hotdogs, and stay for the sausages.

In fact, I think that sums it up.

Hotdogs are nice and salty and exciting, but you can't have them too often. You may get bored of them.

However the sausage is more of a longterm food. When the party's over, the sausage remains. I believe BBQed sausage is also cancerous, because it actually physically does stay with you for quite a while. Months, years, generations...

emmalee said...

hotdogs are HEAPS better.
i would prefer a hotdog to a sausage any day.
i think the meat is the same in both of them.. one just has a cooler casing.. but if thats the truth i dont understand why i like hotdogs so much better than sausages.
oh my GOSH.
conundrum!!!
.... practical lol.
xx