Monday, May 28, 2007

Update

I am in my library at school, procrastinating, as usual. Yay! Fun!
Right now, all I need is procrastination. There are so many things I have to do right now. Lots lots lots lots. And it is hard to think of the basic things and the like, when I've gopt so much other stuff on my mind right now. I want life to slow down, so I have more time to do things.

Anyway, one of the things I want to do, (This one's not a must, but I really want to do it.) is something a friend told me I should do, and has half spawned from a post I recently posted on this site named "25 Things I LikeTo Do". So, the thing was the one where I said that I like to spend one-on-one time with people. I love doing this so much, but I am also very bad at setting aside time to spend with people in this way.
Consequentially, I have decided that I need to make a conscious effort to make time where I can spend with my friends one-on-one just to have fun, or to get to know better the ones that I possibly don't know well enough. This is so hard for me, though. Hard hard hard hard hard. Because all my life I have never initiated anything. Anything. I don't initiate. I am fine to go to things, and have fun, or talk with people, and stuff, when it is not me that has oranised the event, or initiated it, or whatever. Therefore, it is very hard for me to actually organise stuff, like this. There are more reasons why this is hard, but it is something I want to do.
Now, I am posting about this on my bloggish site for two reasons: One, to give those who read it something to read about that has stuff to do with my life/stuff and etc., and also to let people know that I want to find this time to spend with people, so that I can be held accountable, and so that I can't make an excuse not to do it.

Now, I'm actually not sure what it is I have comepletely written about in this post, as I started not knowing what I was going to write about, and now, I am not going to go back and proofread. I believe in no such thing. Proofreading is for proofreaders.

Now I have got to go and worry about all the other stuff I've got going on at the moment. Annoying. I need more time. I want a week of nothingness so that I can catch up on everything that needs doing. In short, I need holidays. But now. Right now.

3 comments:

B.C. said...

I'm keeping you accountable. You know this. With a whip and a trident. So WATCH OUT.

But trust me. It's worth it.

some girl said...

Yay! How annoying.

Must be worse for you because year 12 matters more than year 11.

Anonymous said...

Finding time to have one-on-one time with friends is so important. I have found in those quality times with friends you learn so much about the individual and you can start to create lasting friendships.
Jono, continue to do this, it is incredibly important. You will learn a lot about the person, but also about yourself.
Let me know how it goes.
The time I have had with you during small group this year and also at random times has been great.
Initiation is so hard, but in the end these conversations will be worth it.