Saturday, July 07, 2007

Home Home Home

I love my house. My home. If I don't get enough time at home I begin to get agitated and frusterated. This is the same if I don't get enough time to myself. I have been looking forward to these school holidays as they give me a change to catch up on some solid home time, and some solid me-time. But I have now completed a whole week of it, and I am starting to go crazy.
In about 4 days, I think, I have not left my house for any reason other than taking the dog out for a bit. I have not achieved anything great, while sitting here, in my home, but have just done nothing. I needed this time, yes, but now it is over. I need to actually do the many things I am meant to do, now. But I did leanrn a few things in this me time. I will share with all what it is that I learnt:
1 - When the temperature is too warm, I feel uncomfortable, unclean and unmotivatd. Maybe that's why I manage to wear shorts a lot of the time, because everything is always too hot.
2 - I get much satisfaction outm of actually doing things, and acheiving them.
3 - Sleeping in, while good to an extent, is not something I could ever be proud of, or enjoy doing very much.
4 - I love spending time with people.
5 - Lots of time does not mean lots of progress. Rushed and chaotic time means lots of progress.
6 - I don't want holidays to be over.

There, some of these things may conflict, but I don't care. This is what I have learnt from this whole week at home. I am now ready for a whole week of doing stuff.

2 comments:

B.C. said...

I know you like your alone time. What would be worse? No alone time or no people time?

And how have you found this week with so much more on?

Jono said...

Honestly, I would probably go for no alone time, but that is not to say I still do not need both fairly lots. This week ahs been stressful, mosdtly because there have been things that I've had to do and what not, but generally, I think I have liekd this week better than the last week, as talked about in this post, of absolute nothingness.