Monday, July 30, 2007

Mega Weekend

I am sick, tired and unmotivated. But I am a member of the Crown Club now, so all is ok.

So far, life as an 18 year old has been most excellent, and the weekend in which I turned 18 was a very mega weekend and was full of many exciting things. I have already written a post about being 18 (check below), so this one will not be about that, but rather, be about this weekend that I had.
It started with leaving school early on Friday, to get home and get changed and get ready to go to my year 12 formal. It took me approximaterly 3 hours to get ready, at my own pace, when it took my formal date, the magnificent Lauren, only 10 minutes. Shuld I feel ashamed of this? No, no I should not. Anyway, the formal was awesome. I loved being able to just have a good time and do stuff and see friends and stuff. I really enjoyed it, and felt very relaxed and what not there. It was interesting being at a school event like that where all my closest friends from school were actually not there, meaning I knew everybody, but didn't feel like I had to hang around anybody for any sort of extended period of time. 'Twas a great night, and at the stroke of 12, I got to turn 18 alongside Lauren, which was very cool. Following this, and within half an hour of turning 18, I became a member of the Crown Club, and somehow lost $5 before I even sat down at the slot machines. Wow.
I then had a little bit of sleep. And woke up for a great morning of reading Harry Potter and blogging about being 18 and what not. Following this, I had a party for my 18th birthday. Yess. 'Twas also very exciting. It was definately quite bizarre being at a party where everybody knew me, and I knew everybody. I had fun, and I hoep everybody else had fun as well. What was especially great was the fact that the few friends from school and other various people that I invited got along really well with my friends from church, which was exciting. One of them even told me he would like see them again, if there was an opportunity. Awesome. Was great being able to just walk around everyone, and talk to everyone, and stuff. Besides those from people that I had seen beforehand/invited beforehand/woke up in the same house as that morning, I didn't open any presents on the night, as I didn't want to, so the next morning, I opened everything without people watching, and now I have to somehow thank everybody for everything they got me. Wow, that was a long sentence.
Sunday comprised of lazing about, spending time with friends, leading Garage then going to church later. All in all, it was not a weekend completely packed of stuff, but was rather, a weekend of much awesomeness. So far, life as an 18 year old has been smanbastical.
Although now I am feeling not too well. Hmmm. It doesn't matter. This week should be filled with awesomeness as well. Will blog about it when it is over.

3 comments:

B.C. said...

Now that you are 18...

You can legally adopt me. Do it? Get in before someone else does. Or before I adopt you.

Can you adopt an over 18? Surely yes.

Jono said...

Yes, Ben, shall try and adopt you. But I think it would be better if you adopted me. That way I could call you my mother. Yes? yes.

B.C. said...

I'm not sure why... but I tried to open this page, and it kept refreshing itself. Very... refreshing.

And yes. you may call me mother. Mother goose. Mother optimus prime. Mother hubbard. But NOT mother chong.

Love,

Mother Chong