Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Books

Ok, so, I like books. Yay! Out of nowhere, I decided to write down my favourite books, which could be considered strange, but is not to me. Isn't it better to have a post about favourite books, than no post at all? Yes. Anyway, I recommend, if you like reading, to read these books, if you have not already. They are best. They are also included in no specific order.

  • William Golding, Lord of the Flies
  • George Orwell, 1984
  • Phillip Pullman, His Dark Materials
  • The Bible
  • J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings
  • Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
  • Frank Herbert, Dune

These books are all fantastic. Many also have themes and issues within them that I could discuss until the cows went to bed. Yes, that's right, not untill the cows came home, but even until they went to bed. Once again, if you like reading, and you havn't read these books. Read them. Now.

2 comments:

some girl said...

Yayyayyay! Books!

I have read: His Dark Materials, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and the Bible, all of which I love. Lord of the rings more so the second time around.

Have not read the others, have been planning to read a few of them for a while, others I've never heard of.

At the moment, I just finished reading 'Out of the Silent Planet' - C.S. Lewis, and am about to start 'Perelandra' which is the second in the trilogy... I love trilogies.

Did you know that C.S. Lewis' first names are 'Clive Staples'?

Jono said...

Ha! I did not know that C.S. Lewis's first names were Clive Staples. No wonder he shortened them to C.S.