Monday, April 09, 2007

Re-Lenting

Well, as some of you may know, I did lent this year, for the first time ever. But I did it in a slightly not so conventional way. I gave up buying food from the canteen at school, (Which was a big step for me), and I did 100 pushups and situps every day. Fun!
Anyway, lent is now over, and I am continuing with it, doing it again, or as in my catchy post title, I am re-lenting. (Which is a play on words that I stole from Ben Chong's blob!) So, what this entails is me continuing with my 100 Pushups and situps, but I have decided to continue with only 50 a day. It is easier. I am also going to still not buy stuff from the canteen. But for these 40 days, I am adding something extra.
Basically, the extra thing for these 40 days is that I have to make a specific effort to make someone else feel better. This could be encouraging them, doing something nice for them, or even making lfi easier for them without them knowing I did it. I like this idea.
So, anyway, I am doing this challenge/lent with Kelly Styles, and for acountability, we have to tell each other what we've done every day, and write down in a journalish thing what we;ve done. Sounds so fun, yes? Yes.
So, there endeth my post for now. I hope it has given you a perfectly fulfilling insight into the life of Jono. But maybe it hasn't. Oh well.

5 comments:

some girl said...

Ben Chong's blob?
Have you written 'blob' too many times, master Jono? Or was this also a play on words?

Like Ben Chong, you are relentless in your lenting.

some girl said...

Coincidentally, (actually it's not related at all)

*COUGHgammannnnaaaaaaCOUGHnagCOUGH*

B.C. said...

Jono. You steal my catchy titles. But you are forgiven, as I like the 40 days ideas. Hope the niceties are going well, and the journaling. I challenge you to bake someone a cake these 40 days. That is all.

Jono said...

Bake a cake. Awesome. Will do. Now. Or not.

Jono said...

Gammana is coming to a http://gammana.blogspot.com near you. Very soon. Very very soon, even.