Saturday, April 21, 2007

MSN

Well, I get annoyed at a lot of things. I don't get angry very often, but I get annoyed a lot. Right now, I am anoyed at MSN messenger. For those of you who don't know what it is... well, I'll assume you do.
It is so annoying because people who you just simply don't want to talk to, talk to you. Also, people who you probably DO want to talk to, but not over MSN, they talk to you also. Then there's people who you want to talk to on MSN, but they don't seem to want to talk back. It would help if people actually just said whether they feel like chatting over MSN, instead of stupid lack of communication, even though MSN is meant to be a communication device. Irony!
I really don't like conversing on MSN. If you want a conversation, the easiest way is a phone call. I only really like informing, being informed, and maybe joking around on MSN, while doing other, more important things.
But now, the thing that annoys me the most about MSN is this: When my status is set to busy, people DO NOT respect the fact that I'm busy. Sometimes I set my status to busy and only talk to one person. This is because whatever I'm doing, I can also talk to ONE person. Maybe two. But When it's set to busy, and people instigate a conversation: Bad. Bad bad bad bad bad!
Aargh. MSN is so annoying. But it has its purposes, so I will not abandon it. If only people stopped abusing it and wrecking it and making it annoying.
Anyway. Getting quite caught up in annoyance right now. No offence is intended to anybody through this post. I don't always hate MSN this much. But right now, and 80% of the time: I do.

Rant over.

5 comments:

some girl said...

Bahaha, I annoyed you the other day. That was on purpose though :P

I do know what you mean. I have a friend who always talks to me. The conversation goes thusly:
Her: Hi
Me: Hi
Her: How r u?
Me: Good. You?
Her: Good
Me: That's good.
-minutes of silence-
Her: So?
Me: So what?
Her: You don't say much.


That's how the conversation goes 95% of the time. She gets offended at me for not talking much as well. Frustattttion.




If I have ever annoyed you on MSN, then I aporogise (Spelt with an 'r' because I was talking in an Asian accent. Is that racist?)

B.C. said...

I have never quite understood why you hate it so much. You are either online anyway, or I presume, since you tell me you're always on computer, appearing offline, but still on msn.

If you don't want people to you... don't add them to msn? I remember once watching you send an email, and to all the ones you didn't have on msn, you just ticked the hotmail box saying 'add to messenger'. I actually thought to myself, "Jono will never talk to them."

Conversation also. I didn't know you did phone calls. Ha, I presumed you don't call people.

I am at blame for being one of those people who talks to you when busy. Why? Because I can. Ha. But mainly because, you're mostly set to busy, so I disregard your business. Plus we're all busy all the time.

Besides. At least MSN isn't myspace, and people don't whinge for you to be moved up higher in your contact list. Ha!

B.C. said...

And yes em. racist. You're bashed.

emmalee said...

time of the month?
our relationship is perfect jono.
your not on my msn.
im not on yours.
i can only annoy you on here.
sexy.
however, i have issues with phone calls.
monash knows.
will NOT explain. i refuse to.
you SHOULD have worn your friken helmet.
u dont get it do you?
shame.
msn can frustrate me also people always speak to me wen im on away. and it annoys me to come back to ten conversations some saying "hey.. are you away?" or "hey, why are you away?"
there are also some stalkers on msn.
sighhh msn
xx

Jono said...

EMILY W- Yes, I hate those conversations. Why? If they are ging to be like that, why do they always start them? Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

BEN- Ok, when I send e-mails, I click on the add to my contact list one, so I can send them e-mails again. Don't recall ever adding people to msn like that. I like msn if it is used proporly. So far, you use it proporly most of the time. I have never had a conversationw ith you like the ones Emily mentioned. And when I'm often busy, I'll be doing blob, gammana or something, which is related to you, so I normally talk to you. But when I'm doing homework and stuff, I don't talk to you, surely you've noticed this? At those times, the one person I am talking to is probably a school friend, who has the same homework due. Main response is this: if I'm giving the hint that I don't want to talk, and a perosn still talks. That is annoying.
And yes, phonecalls. I don't call other people, because I normally don't have something to say. People don't think I like phonecalls because they never give me any. And I don't like instigation.
Yes, msn better than myspace.

EMILY P- I am a very masculine perosn, and I do not have a time of the month. Only a time of the day, and that time is from when I wake to when I sleep. Mostly. Or not. Anyway, yes, we have not invaded eachother's msn. This is good, and means you've never annoyed me. Wow, there are not many people who can say that.
I wont ask why you don't like phonecalls.
And I didn't wear my helmet.
And I don't get it.
Explain explain explain explain.