Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Good / Bad

Recognising what is good and bad about yourself is very important. I think one of the big flaws a lot of people have is that they hide from their own good qualities, and focus on their bad qualities. Half of the things that make us individual are bad things. So what? But, in my opinion it is more important that we need to understand what we are good at, and not push these things to the side. Not being afraid to point out what is bad about yourself is one thing, but not being afraid to point out what is good about yourself is another, and, possibly, harder thing.
Basically, I'm writing this to share some of myself, without caring about what other people think. So if this in any way offends you, (which I can't see why it would) then no offence was intended. Following is me admitting what I am good at, and bad at. Read:

MY GOOD QUALITIES:
I am very creative, possibly much more so than many people. I am good at drawing, writing, and generally creating stuff on the whole, like characters, concepts and ideas.
I am also quite friendly, most of the time. I feel like I can be friendly to any sort of person, and try to be a good friend to people. Along with this, I feel I encourage people a fair but, which is good.
I am good at certain sports, like ultimate frisbee, badminton, aerobics and other SYG sports, as well as many other ones which I love. The only real sports I don't really enjoy are footy, basketball and cricket, which is stupid, because they're like the three main sports in Victoria.
I am good at many otehr things, also, but they are not coming to mind straight away, so I will nt mention them.

MY BAD QUALITIES:
A lot of the time I am selfish, thinking about how a situation will benefit me, and not thinking of others, but not all the time, though, I am constantly trying to stop this.
If I feel like being around one person, when I could be spending time with somebody else who probably needs my company more, I tend to spend time with the person I feel like being around.
I don't like people assuming things of me. Maybe this isn't that bad, but I'm not sure.
I am not god at strategy games requiring concentration, like chess etc.
I am lazy a lot, and will not do things I should do, when I should do them. This is a serious fault that I need to work on more.
I should be doing homework right now, but I'm not.
There are more bad things, but they are not coming to my head straight away.

There! I have shared some of myself to others, without hiding from the truth.
Now, my challenge for everyone reading this is: write down what you are good at, and what you are bad at, like I have done. If you own a blog, write it on that, so that you cannot hide from these facts. Anyway, if you don't want to, that's fine, but I encourage it.

Finish post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

def the real you!!

nah i think it is good, realizing who we really are, and what we are good and bad at, because then we make the good things about us our strong points and make the work on the bad to become our goods!!

But what you said yeah i believe that all about you!!

lol, nah ur AWESOME!

some girl said...

It's gooooood to focus on goooooood qualities. Some people don't, because they think that if they look at their good qualities then they're bragging and self-obsessed. That is not the truth, as long as you don't brag about your good qualities, you're good to go.

Jono said...

I agree entirely, Emily. A lot of people think they appear self obsessed or whatever when they say their own good qualitites. But on the other hand, there are some people who do not recognise their own bad qualities proporly. Unless you can make note of what you are bad at, you can never move forward to becomeing betetr at those things.