Thursday, August 09, 2007

One fish two fish

One Fish
two fish
red fish
blue fish.

Black fish
blue fish
old fish
new fish.

This one has a little star.
This one has a little car.
Say! what a lot
of fish there are.

Yes. Some are red. And some are blue.
Some are old. And some are new.
Some are sad.
And some are glad.
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they
sad and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your dad.

Some are thin.
And some are fat.
The fat one has
a yellow hat.

From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things
are everywhere.

-Dr. Seuss

6 comments:

Jono said...

This is the opening segment of one of my very favourite books ever. Dr. Seuss is clearly one of the greatest literary heroes of all time. The book is One fish two fish red fish blue fish by Dr. Seuss. If you have not read it, I would strongly advise that you find a copy of it, and read it. Other books to add to your must read list include titles such as Green eggs and ham. That is another most fantastic book.

Kyla said...

I agree. Dr. Suess is pretty awesome. Another great one is 'oh the thinks you can think', My Mum bought it for me for Christmas last year. Best mum ever! 'there's a wocket in my pocket' is also pretty awesome.

B.C. said...

I write this comment, and it will rhyme,
I hope you enjoy it, it took some time,
I like Dr. Seuss, he makes me laugh,
The cat in the hat, wears a scarf,

It's red and white, like a Christmas lolly,
But I suspect, he stole it from Where's Wally?!
This rhyme is crap, it's bad, it sucks,
But if you don't like it, you can go get... hit by a truck.

HA!

Jono said...

Awesome... Awesome.

ps. sucks and Truck do not rhyme.

some girl said...

I love Dr. Suess.

Is he really a doctor?

Jono said...

Yes, yes he is.